Living with a mood disorder can be challenging. So it is no surprise that affected people frequently seek solutions to erratic moods outside of traditional Western medicine.
Bipolar disorder is a serious illness that needs to be treated by a qualified medical professional. Typically treatment includes psychotherapy and medication.
But thousands of people worldwide find that including alternative therapy in their wellness program helps them manage mood swings. Scientists have yet to agree.
Below we discuss a few out-of-the-ordinary ways to help manage your moods.
We can trace colour therapy back to the ancient Egyptians. They believed the sun’s rays shining through coloured glass could penetrate the body in specific areas and heal illness.
Every colour has its wavelength. The theory behind colour therapy is that by looking at a particular colour, the vibrations of that colour improve your mood.
Here are some of the common colours and their uses. Note that colours have both positive and negative properties.
- Red: Red is an energising colour. You can use it to boost energy when feeling tired or depressed. الكزينو It is not a colour to use if already tense or manic.
- Blue: Blue is calming and used for anxiety, stress and sleeping disorders. Too much blue or dull dark blue can be depressing.
- Green: You’ve probably discovered that a walk in nature is a calming experience- the effect of the colour green.
- Yellow: Yellow is the colour of optimism. It is the sunshine colour and contributes to feelings of happiness. Yellow is energising, but too much of it can make you feel frustrated or irritable.
- Orange: Orange is another uplifting colour that helps overcome depression. As with red and yellow, orange is a warm energy colour and not ideal to pick if you are already feeling hyperactive.
The principle behind aromatherapy is that aroma stimulates smell receptors in the nose, which relay messages through the nervous system to the area in the brain that controls emotion.
Several studies show that aromatherapy might have health benefits, including relief from anxiety and depression. Here are a few of the top oils that influence mood.
- Bergamot oil is very stimulating. It creates feelings of joy and energy, a natural anti-depressant.
- Lavender oil is well known for enhancing moods. طاولة الروليت When used daily lavender oil has been shown to relieve sleep disturbances, and moodiness and decrease depression.
- Chamomile is one of the best essential oils to promote relaxation. Chamomile is a popular ingredient to use in teas for fighting stress.
You can use aromatherapy oils by diffusing them into the air, inhaling them, or using them in the bath or massage. Some people may have allergies to certain oils, and not all oils are safe for everybody. So check with a qualified therapist before you decide which oils to use.
Grounding or earthing reconnects with the earth and natural energy.
Research has shown that contact with electrons on the earth’s surface is beneficial to health.
Grounding works by allowing the bottoms of your feet, palms of your hands or even your whole body to touch the earth outside. It can easily be achieved by:
- Walking barefoot
- Lying on the ground
- Submersing in natural water like a lake or the sea.
Humans are bioelectrical beings that carry a positive charge, which can build up in our bodies.
Earth has a negative charge. When we make contact through grounding, we discharge our excess energy, producing a healing effect at the cellular level.